This is a health challenge that supports the NSW Aboriginal Rugby League Knockout, however you do not have to be a Rugby League player/team to participate in this Challenge.
Players, supporters, families, all communities are welcome to participate in the Challenge.
The Challenge supports everyone to get a check up, to eat right and to get active.
Welcome to the NSW Knockout Health Challenge 2013
If you are entering a team for the first time welcome to the Challenge 2013.
If you participated in the 2012 Challenge welcome back. Note here are a number of changes to this years’ Challenge. Here is a summary:
* The name of the Challenge has changed slightly
* The Challenge will run from March through to September
* March – June is the weight loss component of the Challenge
* In July, August and September we will organise mini challenges based on fitness
* You can enter a team of between 20 and 30 people, the top 20 results will be used to determine your team’s weight loss percentage
* The team registered for the weight loss component of the Challenge are eligible to participate in the mini challenges
* Grant funding will be distributed differently
* Care plans are now part of the registration process
* Funds are available to support teams to enhance their participation on a needs basis
* Changes to membership of the town committee
* Independent observers of final weigh in will be nominated to your team
* National Rugby League players available via Facebook to motivate your team
* Participants no longer need to reside in the town/community the team is from.
The winning team will still be decided by the biggest weight loss percentage.
Full details are provided in the handbook. Please make sure your full team is aware of the changes.
Good luck and Good Health!
Ministry of Health
Mobile: 0434 323 422 Email: email@example.com