Donations and Support
New South Wales Rugby League receives hundreds of requests for donations and/or assistance from many worthy charities and organisations each season. The game is committed to assisting charities and community organisations that meet the goals of the community relations program.
There are a number of autographed and non-autographed merchandise items available for donation, only in very rare cases are cash donations given.
Preference will be given to the following causes:
- Individuals who are involved in Rugby League and have fallen on hard times
- Junior and Senior rugby league teams and clubs who have fallen on hard times (most are directed to the Monster Raffle)
- Nominated NSWRL charities
The following information is required with applications:
- Applications must be made in writing at least eight weeks prior to event
- Applications must be made through NSWRL.com.au. All fields must be completed in order for the request to be processed
- All applications will be responded to in writing within six weeks
- Junior and Senior Rugby League Clubs must prove that their governing body recognises the importance of their cause
- Schools must provide evidence of their support of Rugby League
- NSWRL receives many requests from individuals who have fallen on hard times. Whilst we will endeavour to assist as many of these people as possible, the individual’s relationship with the game will be a factor in assisting requests
- Due to the high level of demand, we cannot take phone enquiries regarding whether the request has been approved, unless six weeks has passed since the request was sent
- If you are fundraising via an event, please provide the date and location of the event, plus where the funds raised will be going
- To be eligible for assistance the following year, organisations must fill in the feedback form and return it
Donations are limited to one per organisation per year. Only in exceptional circumstances will we donate to charities who have already received donations from NSWRL or other governing bodies.
The game has strong relationships with many large charitable organisations, and as such, will often find it difficult to donate to satellite organisations raising funds on behalf of a major charity. We will buy tables at functions on if they support our nomination charities or Rugby League. Each invitation will be looked at on a “case-by-case” situation.