You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

RMC match abandoned, Cabra leading Windsor 12-0

Dark clouds, strong rain and a lightening show that resembled a disco greeted Jason Williams and his team in their final hit out of the pre-season at Windsor Sporting Complex yesterday, with the side only managing to play 18 minutes before the match was abandoned for inclement weather.

Onlookers at the ground claim that the storm may have saved the Windsor Wolves, with the Cabramatta Two Blues starting the game on fire to lead 12-0 when the storm halted play.

Coach Jason Williams was a little less optimistic, agreeing his side started very well before the storm came, but admitted there were still a few things they needed to work on after only 18 minutes of footy.

"I thought we started with plenty of intensity and looked sharp with the ball," said Williams.

"Would have been nice to have played the 80 minutes but given the conditions, I was happy with the way we started the game," he added after his side raced to a three tries to nil lead.

Despite the limited time, Williams also said he was happy with the performance of all of his chargers, but made special mention of fullback James Anthony, five-eighth Dave Farkas, halfback Saxon Fischer-Gray and hooker Luke Srama.

"I thought our spine was awesome early on and really controlled the game well, making it easy for our bigger blokes to plough over the advantage line," he said.

Cabramatta play Round 1 of the RMC this Sunday at New Era Stadium from 3pm against the Kingsgrove Colts.


SS bow out of OAMPS Pre Season Cup

Jason Hedges' Sydney Shield have suffered a harsh reality check only 8 days from the opening round of the 2014 competition, being run off their feet 12-42 by the Guildford Owls in the final of the OAMPS Preseason Cup.

The Two Blues, who matched it with the Owls in certain periods, paid the price for several concentration losses as it rained points for the Owls.

"We just couldn't match it with them today, they were fit and fast and handled the scorching heat much better than we did," said Coach Jason Hedges.

"It was our first hit out with 40 minute halves and after dropping plenty of ball early on in the heat, we had no juice left when it mattered.

"The boys tried hard but aren't quite where they need to be with their fitness and it showed," added Hedges.

While disappointed, Hedges did say he was extremely happy with the performance of young halfback Jeremy Safi and Interchange forward Daniel La Manna.

"At the end of the day it was a trial and we will go back and have a look at what we did wrong and rectify it before next weeks game," said Hedges.

The Two Blues take on the Belrose Eagles this Sunday, March 23, at New Era Stadium Cabramatta kicking off at 1.15pm.

Acknowledgement of Country

New South Wales Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.