You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

The Illawarra Cutters have defeated the Wests Tigers 44-14 at WIN Stadium to cement their place in the Intrust Super Premiership NSW top eight.

It was a dream start for the Cutters with the Tigers spilling the pill from the kick off. However, the home side couldn't capitalise on the mistake by the visitors bombing a try in the corner to Winger Mitch Porter.

The Tigers brushed off the early mistake with some strong sets rolling their way up the field comfortably.

The Tigers scored their first in the 8th minute through second rower Eson Masters off the back of a nice back line movement.  Jordan Rankin failed to convert. 4-0 

There were some early signs of catch up footy by the Cutters, who chanced their arm on a few occasions, as well as coming up with some poor tackle five options.

The Tigers again capitalized on the slow start by the home side when centre Michael Chee Kam scooped up a loose ball to crash over the line in the 14th minute. Kick was successful by Rankin 10-0 Tigers

The Cutters responded with a coach killer kick out on the full, putting the Tigers back onto the attack. 

Tigers took the opportunity and scored through winger Watson Heleta in the 17th minute. Rankin couldn't convert. 14-0 

The Cutters held off another possible try to the visitors, hitting back with a solid set finding touch through MCcrone. 

The hosts were the next to score when Quinlan broke through some defenders before linking up with Taane Milnes, before Milne got an offload away to flyer Tom Carr,who sprinted down the touchline to bag their first in the 23rd minute. Nona failed to add the two. Tigers lead 14-4

The try boosted their spirits, displaying more confidence with the footy, completing some strong sets of six, though couldn't score any points.

Cutters half Drew Hutchison was replaced by interchange hooker Sam Coster in the 30th minute and took no further part in the game. McCrone slipped into the halfback role. 

The Cutters bagged their second try in the 35th minute when fullback Adam Quinlan took a slip like catch, running 100  meters to plant the ball down. Nona added the two giving the tigers a 14-10 lead.

A 38th minute penalty gifted the Cutters their third try through winger Porter. Nona couldn't convert so the score was level at half time. 14-14.

The Cutters used their last first half momentum, which saw them nearly score a try in their first set after the break. 

The Tigers once again responded well with a bunch of strong sets, which included a spirited effort from fullback Justin Hunt who nearly broke the line from dummy half. 

The first fifteen minutes after the break was a interesting time in the game, with both sides going set for set. 

The flood gates soon opened for the Cutters after a 59th minute try to Hooker Sam Coster. Nona slotted the goal giving them a 20-14 lead. 

Jacob Host was the next to score for the home side off a lovely inside outside play in the 65th minute.

The 69th minute saw Wakeman crash over in his 100th game for the club,with Quinlan adding the extras. 32-14

Cutters McCrone slipped through a gap close to the line to extend the cutters lead to 38-14 with less than ten minutes remaining. 

A late intercept try to  Winger Mitch Porter in the 78th minute concluded the scoring. Wakeman was handed the honour of taking the last goal in  his milestone fixture,  which he slotted from right in front.

Acknowledgement of Country

New South Wales Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.