NSWRL Seeking Club Competition Co-Ordinators
Job Advertisement: Club Competition Co-Ordinator
The New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) is the governing body for Rugby League in New South Wales and is a member of the Australian Rugby League Commission. It was the inaugural body for rugby league in Australia (created 1907) that oversaw the formation of the game in 1908. Currently the NSWRL is comprised of 19 members who include 16 clubs, together with the Country Rugby League (CRL), the NSWRL Referees Association and the combined strength of the Sydney Metropolitan Junior Leagues. Eleven of the 16 NRL Clubs are members and there are over 45,000 registered participants in the NSWRL catchment area. In addition to this it provides one-half of the most important asset within the Australian media landscape, State of Origin. The NSWRL supports and administers the rugby league pathways and associated competitions in the state of NSW.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our the NSWRL Community Competitions Department in a new and exciting role to provide support and assistance in the following regions:-
1. Eastern Region- South Sydney, Balmain and Eastern Suburbs Districts
2. Central Region- Canterbury District
3. Southern Region- Cronulla and St. George Districts.
4. South West Region- Western Suburbs District
5. North West Region- Parramatta District
6. Western Region- Penrith District.
As a Club Competitions Co-Ordinator you will:-
- Provide administrative support to NSWRL Junior League clubs and Districts
- Work to increase overall participation at all levels of the game through delivery of different participation and player retention initiatives.
The ideal candidate
The right candidate for this role will be self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic about Rugby League. They should be a self-starter and work independently to achieve the goals of the NSWRL.
You will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:-
- Relevant tertiary qualifications combined with experience in the sports industry
- Experience in program development and delivery at Junior club and School level
- Highly effective communication and relationship building skills
- Current valid Working with Children credentials.
To find out more about this opportunity, please download the position description below.