The QRL have today named their Queensland Under-18s side to take on the NSW Under-18s on Wednesday, 21 June. The two teams will face off as the curtain-raiser to State of Origin Game II at ANZ Stadium.
Most of the players were selected from the statewide Mal Meninga Cup competition. Camp will begin on Friday, 16 June on the Gold Coast before they relocate to Parramatta on Tuesday to prepare for the game.
The NSW Under-18s will be announced on NSWRL.com.au at approximately 12pm AEST tomorrow.
The Queensland Under-18s team is as follows:
1. Travis Turnbull (Western Mustangs)
2. Treymain Spry (Sydney Roosters / Ipswich Jets)
3. Murray Taulagi (NQ Cowboys / Townsville Blackhawks)
4. Ronaldo Mulitalo (Cronulla Sharks)
5. Kea Pere (Melbourne Storm / Easts Tigers)
6. Cory Paix (Western Mustangs)
7. Tanah Boyd (Souths Logan)
8. Logan Bayliss-Brow (NQ Cowboys / Townsville Blackhawks)
9. Tyson Smoothy (Brisbane Broncos / Redcliffe Dolphins)
10. Eddie Blacker (Brisbane Broncos / Norths Devils)
11. Brandon Russell (Brisbane Broncos / Ipswich Jets)
12. J’maine Hopgood (Penrith Panthers)
13. Reihana Marsh (Gold Coast Titans)
14. Kyle Paterson (NQ Cowboys / Townsville Blackhawks)
15. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (Sunshine Coast)
16. Garrett Smith (Mackay Cutters)
17. Thomas Gilbert (Norths Devils)
18. Brock Diment (Western Mustangs)
Coach: Josh Hannay
Assistant Coach: Michael Roberts