TEAM | Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues
New Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler has tonight named a record number of 11 debutants for Game One of the 2018 Holden State of Origin Series at the Melbourne Cricket Ground next week (6 June).
Captain Boyd Cordner, James Tedesco, James Maloney, David Klemmer, Tyson Frizell and Jake Trbojevic are the only incumbents from the 2017 series, with the remainder of the squad set to make their Origin debuts on Wednesday week.
An extended squad was named with additional players, Tariq Sims and Nick Cotric, to join the team at Coogee where they will prepare until Sunday when they will head to Melbourne.
The team was presented at the NSWRL’s annual True Blues black tie dinner at The Star Sydney Event Centre in front of more than 500 Rugby League dignitaries, including ARL Commission Chairman Peter Beattie, NRL CEO Todd Greenberg, NSWRL Chairman Dr George Peponis OAM, NSWRL CEO David Trodden, the Minister for Sport, the Hon Stuart Ayres, and a host of past NSW representatives.
The Bryden Lawyers NSW Blues team for Origin I, 2018 is as follows:
- James Tedesco (Sydney Roosters)
- Tom Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
- Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters)
- James Roberts (Brisbane Broncos)
- Josh Addo-Carr (Melbourne Storm)
- James Maloney (Penrith Panthers)
- Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
- David Klemmer (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
- Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Penrith Panthers)
- Boyd Cordner (c) (Sydney Roosters)
- Tyson Frizell (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- Jack de Belin (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- Paul Vaughan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
- Angus Crichton (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Tyrone Peachey (Penrith Panthers)
- Tariq Sims (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- Nick Cotric (Canberra Raiders)
Coach: Brad Fittler