The NSWRL has named its Ron Massey Cup Reps team to take on the Newcastle Rebels on Friday night at Maitland Sports Ground.
Coach Brett Cook has been given a team that includes players with Intrust Super Premiership and NRL experience – plus previous representative honours – for the first-ever meeting between the two sides.
Former Warrior Omar Slaimankhel has been picked at fullback, with Lebanese international Abbas Miski on a wing and former Ron Massey Cup Player of the Year Brendan Waters in the halves. Lock Tom Freebairn has already played in the Intrust Super Premiership for the North Sydney Bears this season.
The game, which will serve as a trial before a combined side is picked to face the Queensland Rangers, will kick off at 7.30pm.
The 2018 RMC Reps are as follows:
- Omar Slaimankel (Mounties)
- Jordan Martin (Mounties)
- Josh Minhinnick (Wentworthville Magpies)
- Shane Keil (Cabramatta Two Blues)
- Abbas Miski (Wentworthville Magpies)
- Brendan Waters (Wentworthville Magpies)
- Rhys Davies (Wentworthville Magpies)
- Tim Robinson (Hills District Bulls)
- Kurt Aldridge (Western Suburbs Magpies)
- Mitch Kennedy (Mounties)
- Hayden Ashcroft (Cabramatta Two Blues)
- Jack Morris (Wentworthville Magpies)
- Tom Freebaine (Asquith Magpies)
- Blake Cook (Wentworthville Magpies)
- Jason Thompson (Cabramatta Two Blues)
- Dylan McKeon (Guildford Owls)
- Inno Innessio (Western Suburbs Magpies)