Lachlan Lam will make his debut for the Sydney Roosters tomorrow night after Cooper Cronk was ruled out with a hamstring injury.
The Roosters were granted permission for the NRL after they applied for Lam to debut despite him not being named in the 21 man squad on Tuesday. As a result he will wear No.23 - the same number Cronk wore in the Grand Final.
Lam is a Roosters junior who represented their under-20s team 43 times, and had played eight games in the Canterbury Cup for the Wyong Roos and most recently, the North Sydney Bears.
He also played for Papua New Guinea in the 2017 Rugby League World Cup where he scored two tries in two games.
If his junior resume wasn't enough, Lam has played junior State of Origin for Queensland in both the under-18s and 20s.
It's a great day for the Lam family, made even more special given his father Adrian Lam spent seven years at the club.
- Blayke Brailey - Cronulla Sharks (Round 1 v Newcastle Knights)
- Briton Nikora - Cronulla Sharks (Round 1 v Newcastle Knights)
- Adam Keighran - New Zealand Warriors (Round 1 v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
- Thomas Mikaele - Wests Tigers (Round 1 v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
- Reuben Garrick - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (Round 1 v Wests Tigers)
- Mikaele Ravalawa - St George Illawarra Dragons (Round 1 v North Queensland Cowboys)
- Maika Sivo - Parramatta Eels (Round 1 v Penrith Panthers)
- Dylan Brown - Parramatta Eels (Round 1 v Penrith Panthers)
- Marata Niukore - Parramatta Eels (Round 1 v Penrith Panthers)
- Bailey Simonsson - Canberra Raiders (Round 1 v Gold Coast Titans)
- Corey Horsburgh - Canberra Raiders (Round 1 v Gold Coast Titans)
- Josh Kerr - St George Illawarra Dragons (Round 2 v South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Corey Waddell - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (Round 2 v Sydney Roosters)
- Lachlan Lam - Sydney Roosters (Round 2 v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)