You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Around the Grounds | Major Comps Round 14

All the best action from Round 14 of the NSWRL's major competitions.

Sharks keep Saints at bay

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks have outclassed St Marys Saints 34-4 in the Harvey Norman NSW Women’s Premiership at Pointsbet Stadium.

The Sharks opened up the scoring in the 9th minute with Tiana Penitani scoring a try under the posts and Tayla Preston landing the conversion for a 6-0 lead. The Saints hit back through centre Nicole Kennedy to reduce the deficit to 6-4.

Preston put in a grubber kick and regathered to give the Sharks some breathing space at 12-4 heading into the second half.

The Sharks proved too strong for the Saints in the second half the Sharks after scoring a further four tries, including a double to Leianne Tufuga. Preston converted all four goals to complete a clinical performance.

Click here for more Harvey Norman Women’s Premiership results

Panthers final second blow to the Sharks

Penrith Panthers sealed a win with a late field goal and a try in the final second to beat Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 17-10 in the Jersey Flegg Cup at Nestrata Jubilee Stadium.

The Sharks started strongly with tries to captain Jack Boyling and Kayal Iro, while Kyle Pickering landed one conversion to hand the Sharks a 10-0 lead midway through the first half.

The Panthers levelled the scores at 10-all following tries to Tyrone Sau and Matthew Faauila, with Niwhai Puru slotting a conversion.

The teams remained locked up for most of the second half before Penrith halfback Hayden Bonanno kicked a 30-metre field goal with three minutes left followed by a try on the fulltime siren to seal a Panthers victory.

Click here for more Jersey Flegg results

Ryde Eastwood Hawks upset St Marys Saints

Ryde Eastwood have upset premiership hotpots St Marys Saints 28-20 at St Marys Stadium the Ron Massey Cup.

St Marys started well after Ethan McPherson scored the opening try in the corner in the first three minutes before the Hawks hit back through Ryan Garner. The two sides traded tries again before half-time to go into the sheds locked up at 10-all.

The visitors took the lead through a try to Justin Frain three minutes after play resumed. Tries followed to Semisi Kioa and Regan Hughes with Josh Rizk landing both conversions to take a handy 26–10 lead. Rizk also nailed a penalty goal in the 72nd minute to extend the lead to 28-10.

Saints never gave up and came back through tries to Chris Anuese-Scanlon and McPherson, but Matt Stimson was unable to land both conversions to leave the his team eight points adrift at the full-time siren.

Click here for more Ron Massey Cup Results

Click here for more Sydney Shield Results