Terms And Conditions
The NRL Network website (www.nrl.com] and other pages and websites with the [NRL Network] branded logo) (NRL Network) is operated by [Australian Rugby League Commission Limited], [on behalf of National Rugby League Limited, the National Rugby League, Queensland Rugby League, New South Wales Rugby League, Country Rugby League of NSW] and each of their respective associates, related entities and subsidiaries (we, us, our). [Note to ARLC: ARLC to confirm how the 'NRL Network' will be referred to for the purpose of users and the entities / leagues covered by the NRL Network.]
1. Use of the NRL Network
The NRL Network is designed to provide a place where [insert description of purpose of the NRL Network - eg: fans of the Game can visit to read news, articles and other information about the NRL and Rugby League].
The information and material contained in or available through the NRL Network (Information) is provided for general informational purposes only. Users access the NRL Network, and rely on the Information, at their own risk.
By using the NRL Network, you agree that:
• you will only use the NRL Network for personal, non-commercial use; and
• you will not use the NRL Network in a way that causes us loss or damage.
You must provide us with complete and up-to-date registration information, as requested. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your registration information.
You must keep your user-name and password confidential and secure and not permit any other person to access the NRL Network using your user-name and password. We are entitled to assume that all uses of the NRL Network under a User's user-name are undertaken by that User (unless we have been told that the User's details have been compromised).
3. Access to and use of the NRL Network
Users acknowledge and agree that we may:
- make changes to the NRL Network and the information and services provided through the NRL Network;
- monitor access to and use of the NRL Network by Users; and
- cancel a User's access to the NRL Network if we believe:
- the User is no longer eligible or authorised to access the NRL Network.
Access to the NRL Network depends on telecommunications and internet service providers and other external factors and we do not guarantee the availability of the NRL Network at all times or at any specific times.
While we will take reasonable precautions to ensure the NRL Network is secure, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure the security of any information transmitted to, from or using the NRL Network and Users do so at their own risk.
4. User-posted content
Some parts of the NRL Network may allow Users to submit, upload, post or transmit content or material such as text, photos, images, audio and video (including links to content or material) (Material), including Material that may be accessed and viewed by other Users. Users are responsible for any Material they submit to, on or through the NRL Network and must respect the legal rights and sensibilities of other Users.
By submitting, uploading, posting or transmitting Material to, on or through the NRL Network, Users:
- grant us a royalty free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide licence to (and to authorise others to) use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display such Material for the purposes of operating the NRL Network and providing any associated services to Users and for our reasonable business and administrative purposes (including promotional and marketing purposes);
- consent to us using and publishing (and authorising others to use and publish) their name, character, likeness, image, voice or anything else that identifies them which is contained in the Material for the above purposes;
- grant other Users a royalty free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide licence to use, copy and reproduce such Material for their own private, non-commercial use;
- warrant that the Material is not Prohibited Material and that they are legally entitled to submit, upload, post or transmit the Material to, on or through the NRL Network and have obtained all necessary licences, consents and approvals in relation to the Material (including intellectual property licences and in relation to the use of any name, character, likeness, image, voice or anything else that identifies any person that is included in the Material) to enable them to submit, upload, post or transmit the Material to, on or through the NRL Network and to permit us and other Users to deal with the Material in accordance with the licences granted above; and
- consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe their moral rights in the Material and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world.
5. No liability for misuse by other Users
We do not warrant that Material submitted, uploaded, posted or transmitted by Users will be protected against misuse by third parties. In particular, we are not responsible for the infringement of the copyright in Material by other Users.
6. Conduct of Users
Users must not submit, upload, post or transmit Material to, on or through the NRL Network that:
- is offensive, unlawful, defamatory, false or misleading, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unsuitable for minors or of an abusive, violent, obscene, offensive or menacing nature;
- is racist or hateful or promotes racism or hatred towards another person or group of persons
- contains nudity, swear words or excessive violence;
- is reasonably likely to offend another User;
- contains advertising or is otherwise submitted, uploaded, posted or transmitted for commercial purposes;
- violates or infringes (or the use of which violates or infringes) the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- contains personal information of any person (such as name, address, email address, phone number), except with the relevant person's permission;
- contains or transmits malware, viruses or other harmful computer code;
- contains a commercial advertisement or a link to such advertisement;
- solicits other Users to buy or sell goods or services; or
- contains financial, legal, medical or other professional advice, (Prohibited Material).
Users must not use the NRL Network to:
- conduct any illegal activity;
- cause annoyance or inconvenience to any person including other Users; or
- harvest information about other Users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending of, unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
7. Material posted by other Users
We are not responsible for, and accept no liability with respect to, any Material submitted, uploaded, posted or transmitted to, on or through the NRL Network by Users.
The views and opinions expressed in Material posted by Users on the NRL Network are the views and opinions of the authors and do not necessarily represent our views or opinions. We do not endorse or support any views or opinions posted by Users on the NRL Network or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, currency or suitability of any information posted by Users.
8. Disclaimer of warranties and representations
Except as required by law, we give no express or implied warranties or guarantees, and make no representations, in relation to the NRL Network or any Information or services available through the NRL Network. In particular, we do not warrant or represent that:
- Users' systems will meet the minimum requirements to enable use of the NRL Network;
- information provided on the NRL Network is accurate, complete or suitable for any purpose;
- the NRL Network and its services are free from any computer viruses or defects; or
- Users' access to the NRL Network and its services will be continuous or uninterrupted.
9. Our liability
Nothing in this document excludes, restricts or modifies any right or remedy, or any guarantee, warranty or other term or condition, implied or imposed by any legislation that cannot lawfully be excluded or limited, including under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and similar State or Territory legislation (Non-Excludable Provision). However, to the maximum extent permitted by law, our liability to a User for failure to comply with any Non-Excludable Provision is limited (at our option):
- in the case of goods - to the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired (as determined by us); or
- in the case of services - to the supplying of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again (as determined by us).
- Except as specified in this section, to the maximum extent permitted by law:
- we will not be liable to Users for any special, consequential, indirect or incidental damages or loss; and
10. Links to third party websites
The NRL Network may contain links to other websites that are not operated or controlled by us. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not be current. Provision of a link should not be construed as an endorsement or approval of the third party website by us.
You acknowledge that we may receive fees or commissions from third parties in relation to links to third party websites.
11. Users' liability
Copyright in the material in or available on the NRL Network is owned by us or our licensors.
Users may access and view the NRL Network and associated information and content using their web browser and download information from the NRL Network and print out that information, but only for their own private, non-commercial use. Where we expressly invite you to do so, you may share certain content available on the NRL Network on social media. Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), no part of the NRL Network (including any Material posted on the NRL Network) may be reproduced, copied, published, framed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without our prior written consent. Requests for consent should be directed to us using the contact details below.
14. Changes to these terms and conditions
We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time by posting the amended version on the NRL Network. Subsequent or continuing use of the NRL Network will constitute acceptance of any changes. [Where there are material changes to these terms and conditions that could in our reasonable opinion adversely affect Users registered on the NRL Network, we will notify those Users of the changes (which, for these purposes, may include notification when a User logs on to use the NRL Network or an email sent to the User's email address provided to us). If any Users do not agree to such changes, they may terminate their registration by contacting us using the details below.] [Note to ARLC: ARLC to consider whether you will notify registered users of changes to these terms (or alternatively just update the terms online). If you will not notify users individually (ie via email or a prompt on sign-in) then this paragraph can be deleted.]
Email: [insert email]
Post: National Rugby League Ltd, Rugby League Central, Driver Avenue, Moore Park NSW 2021 or
Locked Bag 5000, Paddington, NSW 2021