The 2016 Rugby League season has been one of tremendous growth for New South Wales Rugby League’s digital properties, with more fans engaging with the NSW VB Blues and KARI City Origin sides, the Intrust Super Premiership, grassroots Rugby League and NSWRL community programs online than ever before.
Across 2016, the NSWRL experienced phenomenal growth across overall website traffic, app engagement and social media reach and engagement.
Digital highlights from the NSWRL’s 2016 season, from 1 January to 20 October, include:
- More than 5,600,000 page views and 1,270,000 unique visitors to www.nswrl.com.au, a year-on-year increase of more than 850,000 and 270,000 respectively;
- More than 2,775,000 visits to www.nswrl.com.au, a year-on-year increase of more than 840,000
- More than 52,000 unique visitors watching live streamed matches on www.nswrl.com.au throughout 2016
- More than 14,000 hours of video content consumed by fans on www.nswrl.com.au
- An increase of more than 115,000 followers across all NSWRL social-media channels
- A total social-media reach of 33.8 million across all NSWRL channels during the 2016 Origin period
- The launch of the NSWRL’s live match centre, the first of its kind for the organisation, where fans can follow match scores, team line-ups and competition info as it happens
There are more exciting plans for NSWRL in place for the future, with the 2017 season bound to be even bigger and better than ever.
Stay tuned to www.NSWRL.com.au and the NSWRL app for the latest on the NSW VB Blues, the Intrust Super Premiership NSW, grassroots Rugby League, community programs and more.
NSWRL Social Media Channels: